Our church places great value on involving members in the ministries of the church. We believe that God has called his church to worship, learn, fellowship, grow, and serve. In our local fellowship, you will find opportunities to serve the church and to be served by the church. Please refer to our EVENTS CALENDAR, BULLETINS, and NEWSLETTER for opportunities to participate in our church community.
If you are interested in participating more deeply in the life of our congregation, making the choice to join the church as a communing member is important. We place a high value on membership for accountability, care and belonging. Also, in order to serve the church in areas involving children, we require special screening for the safety and security of our families and their children.
We believe that joining a church is a wonderful decision to make! We do take church membership seriously. In a real way, joining a church is a leaving of the world and a uniting to Christ and his people. If you are interested in making this church your church home, please speak to the pastor or one of the elders. We offer a New Member Class on an as-needed basis.
Church Members Expectations:
- Make diligent use of the means of grace (worship, preaching, fellowship, prayer, Lord’s Supper, baptism)
- Share faithfully in the worship and service of the Church.
- Give of their substance as the Lord may prosper them.
- Render wholehearted service to Christ and His Kingdom throughout the world.
- Continue in the peace and fellowship of the people of God.
- Submit to the authority of the elders.
- Live so as to bear faithful witness to the Gospel.
Church Membership Commitments and Vows:
- Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation except for God’s love and mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and do you receive and trust in Him alone for your salvation?
- Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and that it is the only perfect rule of faith and how to live?
- Do you promise to trust in the guidance and strength of the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
- Do you promise, with the Lord’s help, to be faithful in the performance of your Christian duties, both in private life and in the work of the Church?
- Do you accept that the doctrines and principles of the Standards of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church are founded upon the Scriptures?
- In loving obedience, do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of this church, promising to seek the peace, purity, and prosperity of this congregation as long as you are a member of it?